Awards and Subsidies
Abstract submissions for the ASI Annual Scientific Meeting close soon (now extended to 10th September 2018), so we’d like to remind you of the fantastic ASI Meeting Awards, Subsidies and Travel Bursaries currently on offer.
What’s New This Year at ASI Perth 2018?
- We have DOUBLED our Travel Bursary total funding to $40 000 this year, so your chances of success are even greater:
- Postgraduate Students- your chances are ~ 1 in 2!
- Postdoctorate Investigators- your chances are ~ 2 in 3!
- For the FIRST time, we will have childcare facilities on site. Costs are subsidised by ASI. We support and encourage you to bring your families to explore Perth with you.
- We have INCREASED our Womens Initiative Travel Awards this year.
ASI Opportunities available
ASI New Investigator Award
Rewards the best presentation in the New Investigators Symposium at the ASI Annual Scientific Meeting. The New Investigators Symposium is sponsored by Pfizer.
BD Science Communication Award
Rewards the speaker best able to communicate their research to a lay audience.
Immunology & Cell Biology, Clinical & Translational Immunology, and ASI Student Poster Prizes
Rewards the best student posters.
ASI Travel Bursaries - DOUBLED THIS YEAR!
To enable Student and Junior Postdoctoral ASI members to attend the ASI Annual Scientific Meeting.
We are excited to announce that we have doubled our Postgraduate and Postdoctoral Travel Bursaries this year!
All ASI Travel Bursary applicants will be considered by a panel of judges, and the highest ranked applicant will receive the Pharmaxis-ASI Travel Bursary.
Women's Initiative Travel Awards
ASI Women’s Initiative is offering 4 Travel Awards (up to AUD1000 each) for members to be able to provide a more flexible approach to facilitate women with parental responsibilities to attend our society’s annual national meeting. The awards are intended to support women to attend annual ASI meetings who are the primary carer of one or more children of primary school age or younger.